Sunday, September 4, 2011

Every Great Filmmaker.....

As I'm typing this, I'm currently watching on my beautiful '22 HDTV--that's right--Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind in blu ray, no less!! Anyhow, it got me thinking and I'm sure this point is moot and has been rehashed by someone more qualified than myself. Anyhow, it occurs to me each great filmmaker needs/has their own 'music guy' (composer). For instance, Stevie Spielberg has John Williams (Closer Encounters, Jaws, E.T) as does Sir George Lucas (Star Wars!!). Christopher Nolan has Hans Zimmer. Funny thing with Hans, he also scores one of my favorite shows: Through the Wormhole hosted by Morgan Freeman. And last but certainly not least, my favorite filmmaker: J.J. Abrams has the brilliant and hardworking composer Michael Giacchino!! Mr. Giacchino's credits include Mission Impossible, Lost, Star Trek, Fringe, Super 8 and I'm sure every other J.J. project!! Just a little sample of Michael Giacchino: Although it's only two films, I think it's worth mentioning David Fincher and Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross' working relationship which so far include The Social Network and the forthcoming film, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Trailer for Dragon:

No comments:

Post a Comment