Sunday, March 4, 2012

One Day in 2056 & Other Stories: NOW AVAILABLE

One Day in 2056 & Other Stories
now available on Amazon
So, long at last, I've finally did it. I finally published my first work of fiction. I took several different directions to get here, but alas, here I am. In the past three years, I've learned more about myself than I had in the previous twenty years. Long story short-ish: I wrote two crap novels. They sucked. So, I went back to the basics. I started writing short stories sometime last year. (July? August?) Anyhow, I only started writing short stories because I wanted to get better at my craft. I kept writing and writing. Passing on a few to friends. They enjoyed them. I also wrote separate flash fiction pieces and posted them onto my Tumblr blog. Anyway, in short, I compiled six stories together into a collection. That collection is One Day in 2056 & Other Stories.

Here's the blurb for the book:


“People just can’t die. There has to be consequences,” a grief-stricken Alex Pine says to Dr. Hailey Madison in “Come What May,” the first of six short stories. After his mother’s suicide, Alex’s life starts to spin out of control. Alone and desperate for answers, Alex pays his mother’s psychiatrist a visit, gun in hand. 


The collection’s title story, “One Day in 2056”, revolves around 14 year old Harold George Wells. In 2050, five billion people were mysteriously abducted and it may have something to do with the “UFO-looking ships” occupying the earth’s skies. However, out of the five billion that were taken, Harold only cares about two: his parents. 


 In “Nineteen,” aspiring writer and Hemingway enthusiast Jacob Fisher drops out of college to pursue his dream of becoming a novelist. But, after he’s disowned by his parents and kidnapped by a group of scientists, whose sole intention is to send him back in time to make a different choice, he begins to question his fate and destiny and whether or not everything’s not already written in stone.

For those of who happen to stumble across my ghost town of a blog and would like to review my short story collection on your blog or website, feel free to e-mail me @kldillon88@gmail.com. I'd love to send you a free copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment