Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Similarities between Getting in Shape and Blogging....(No, really)

I know what you're thinking: this guy sucks at blogging, so what is he doing trying to compare it to a completely different activity? To that, I say, "touche."

In fact, I also suck at going to the gym on a routine basis. Sort of like my blogging schedule. So, essentially, I know nothing about these two topics I'm about to compare: Yay!!

Anyway, recently I went to the gym this past Saturday (and Monday!). Two visits in three days is quite a feat for me. Why do I want to go to the gym? Am I obese? No, sir. But I've gained some weight over the last few years. There are several reasons, one of which being, unhealthy college food. But I'm not going to lie; I just love food, especially seafood and pasta.

But let me try to stay on topic. Last Saturday I was there and it was a pretty bitching workout. I was sweating. SWEATING! Solid 1 hr 15 min workout. did some cardio, lifting and other weight machines. After I worked out, ate a healthy meal, showered, I was feeling good about life. Really good. A great workout can do that for you. On the downside, my delusional self believes after such a workout, "Bam! I'm going to lose 10 pounds by tomorrow!" Wrong-o!

As we all know, in order to lose weight, you have to keep at it. You have to stay focused and active. Going to the gym at least 3-5x/week helps especially if I want to lose that college fat.

After coming back to planet earth, realizing that i need to work out more than just 1 Saturday a month, it got me thinking about my struggles to keep blogging.

Honestly, the primary reason I started this blog was just to get my name out there and establish an online presence so when I publish my novel it will be easier to promote. Standard selfish, narcissistic act, right? Then something happened. I started to enjoy this blogging thing, despite the lack of traffic it gets. (I know, better SEO keywords, shut up!)

But, again, each time I posted a blog post, I expected hundreds of comments, retweets, and so forth. But it doesn't work that way. You have to work at it. You have to keep blogging. Keep posting to get myself out there, just like I have to keep working out to lose weight and get in shape. So, there. Sorry for the ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment