Sunday, February 13, 2011

Few Things I'm Currently Obsessed With....(and a late Introduction)

Well, hello again.  It seems I didn't give a proper introduction to who I am. Here goes.

My name is Kevin Lyle Dillon, though I very much prefer Lyle to Kevin. Born and raised in Philadelphia, (GO Phillies!!!!!!) eventually going to move out of here, hopefully to Boston. I write. I edit what I write, cause it usually is garbage the first time around. I work. A boring job, though I get paid to Facebook and tweet, so... I really should be more grateful. I read alot...on my Kindle. Best invention ever. When I finish editing my novel and it's ready for public consumption, I'm going to Self-publish it and also publish it for the Kindle, Nook and Smashwords. Also, when I do, my pen name will mostly likely be: K.L. Dillon. When I'm not working, I peruse J.A. Konrath and Amanda Hocking's blog often. Very useful. Anyway, Summer time look out for my first novel.

Check out Konrath's and Hocking's Blog.


That was unbearable...


Anyway, here are just a few things I'm currently obsessed with:

1) Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pikington. I listen to their world famous and hilarious podcasts over and over. Also, you should check out An Idiot Abroad on the Science Channel. Entertaining Television. Need proof? check this out. Hilarious. Hilarious. Hilarious. (And, for those who may be skeptical, it's not an act)

2) Fringe. It is the best show that nobody is watching. In a move making all Fringe fans nervous, last month FOX moved it from Thursdays to Fridays, and so far it's doing alright. I'm just hoping it gets to run for a few more seasons because A LOT of things need to be answered! If you haven't checked it out, please do! Not only cause it needs support, but so I can have someone to talk about it with. I mean last episode?? Amazing. If you're not convinced, just think: House on acid meets the X-files with a love story here and there. Also, like Star Trek? Leonard Nimoy makes a few appearances Season 1 and 2.

3) Hamlet. Kenneth Branagh's version that is. Best production of any Hamlet play ever. You cannot beat it. Though, some may be turned off 'cause its running time is nearly four hours, but who cares. It's completely worth it. Here's just a tiny sample. 




4) My "career." I guess I don't have a career yet, so I guess I can just call it my dream or aspiration. Whatever. I am obsessed with writing, re-writing, and editing. If I could quit my day job and simply devote all my time towards it, I would in a heartbeat.

That's it. Only currently four obsessions. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment